Sunday 20 December 2015

Colour My Life


 Isn't this wonderful? It's a dinky little DAB radio in a leather duck-egg blue case. Bought by my son   Mike and his lovely partner Vicki for Christmas ESPECIALLY to fit into the summer house. It just looks so PERFECT in there.



     Looks equally good on the shelf or on my little pale green side table. Just THE PERFECT gift!


  My Cosy Stripe Blanket (Lucy from Attic 24 pattern) I omitted a couple of her colours and changed   the order here and there. Not too fond of the spice (orange) but accept it is part of the autumn colour scheme she chose. Actually, we think it feels quite Christmassy.


   Below, some crochet shapes I've been experimenting with. The first circles are crocheted in Noro   Secret Garden - I love the variegated nature of this silk/wool yarn.

 
Granny Squares. I get a bit fed up fastening off and restarting but I do enjoy the way the colours blend.This is of course good old Stylecraft Special DK. Cheap as chips and lovely colours.


Now then, this was an attempt at free-form crochet, which turned into a kind of wavy circle… I may carry on, do a little decreasing to mitigate the frilliness, and see if it becomes a shawl…. the yarn is Lisa Harding's Amitola which is a 4-ply wool/silk mix. It looks wonderful in the ball, but I hated the way it crocheted in rows, the colours do not meld together very well in lines. However, I do like the way it works in an ever increasing circle.


Here you can see a basket of yarn and the beginnings of ANOTHER blanket - the Granny Stripe no 2. I started out looking at Lucy's Harmony Squares colour scheme, but then decided to do my own version. Same shades as the granny squares above. My Granny Stripe Mk1, made about 5 years ago, will move into the caravan.


     Below, some felty colourfulness in the sewing room. Also known as The Black Hole of Calcutta!


     My collection of pro markers, for all that "grown-up colouring-in" we are so fond of these days!


       And to finish up, a couple of photos of some brightly coloured pottery in my kitchen. Love it!




I hope these colours have brightened up your day - they certainly keep me feeling happy. This will be my last blog-post this year, and maybe into 2016 - but I shall definitely be back! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy healthy and fortune-filled New Year, and I will be back very soon.

22 comments:

  1. Your summer house looks a dream of a place, Lynne. You've such an eye for colour. Love the wallpaper backing to the shelves. I really like the gradation of colours in your free-form crochet circle. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks Jayne, it has all come together beautifully, and the radio was the icing on the cake! And you too - have a wonderful time and enjoy the break from work! xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours and lovely work. I bet it is still mild enough to be out in your summer house. Thanks for another interesting year. Enjoy Yourselves and have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dc yes, in fact Jim was in there taking a break from doing a final garden tidy this morning - and he fell asleep!

      Delete
  3. A wonderful blast of colour, love those stripy cups. I have a drawer ful of squares to count before starting to assemble a blanket. The next one will be a Granny Stripe, in the brightest of colours. Have a good holiday, see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes, the dreaded assembly-job! A bit like cutting and stitching the binding onto a quilt - last job and I have to gear myself up to do it! Granny Stripe is such a relaxing pattern to crochet… no counting, no anything in fact, just delicious hooking! Merry Christmas to you xxx

      Delete
  4. I've got very similar stripy cups, had them for years.....can't remember where I got them, think it may have been Whittards? I've 2 Cosy Stripe throws on the go at the moment, the one for us has been put to one side in favour of the other, which will be a gift for a relative who is in need of cheering up. They're taking me longer than usual because of the damaged nerve giving me so much trouble. Your cosy stripe looks lovely over that chair. Have a happy relaxing time and I look forward to reading more of your posts next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sooze - yep, you're right the cups are Whittards. I'm such a sucker for colourful china! Will your damaged nerve improve, Sooze? And does exercising it help or make it worse? Such a blow when injury interferes with things we love to do. Thanks for visiting and leaving comments, always lovely to hear from you . Catch up next year! xxx

      Delete
  5. you've been as busy as ever - your posts are always full of lovely colours and this one has more than usual - i feel quite dizzy!!! hope you have a wonderful christmas and look forward to more news in january - are your promarkers alright standing up - i thought they had to be flat so that the ink doesn't go to one end - i may have made that bit up though!! take care of yourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne, yes, the pro markers are different to other felts it says on the pack to store upright. Or so I think I believe! As we aren;t Christmas decorating this year, being away I thought I'd inject some happy colour from other sources. Catch you the other side of New Year! xxx

      Delete
  6. Very happy colors! Hope you and yours have a very happy Christmas and the very best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, and the same to you - see you next year! xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynne! Thanks for getting back in touch via my blog... I only just noticed! We sold our house and just had a year in Edinburgh. Now back in Norfolk - bought a house in Beeston, mid-Norfolk, so a bit nearer to you! Come for a cuppa and a catch up in the New Year! Happy Christmas! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy - great to be back in touch again - and yes, in the New Year we must get together and catch up on what's been happening in our lives! HAve a lovely Christmas. xxx

      Delete
  8. we have the same coloured pens and we both love colours, that's good enough for me follow your posts.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briony! Lovely to meet you - sorry for the delay publishing and responding - new blog post in the offing! Lx

      Delete
  9. I love visiting your blog . . . Your hands are forever working away creating beautiful things . . . All kinds of things, that all work together to make a much prettier world. Happy New Year, Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Connie - so sorry to be late replying… a month in New Zealand and returning to kitchen chaos is to blame! Thanks for posting xxxx

      Delete
  10. I would really like to follow your blog by email, but you haven't turned on the email link, would please complete the process please?
    There must be something you need to do to allow us to register and receive your blog posts direct to our emails, though please don't ask me what it is!
    Lyn in Hull : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Lyn I know one or two friends get email notifications… so not sure what more I can do… I'll have another look at the settings. Meanwhile you can always add me to your blog-roll or follow or whatever it is they do now since google changed everything in the world! Will catch up soon. xx

      Delete
  11. Hoping things are OK over there. Thinking of you and wondering.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! Yes, we are fine…. blogging fell off a little last year, and since then we've been out to New Zealand for a month - the only way I get to see MY grandchildren ! and on our return… washing machine break down, radiator burst, arranging removal of our Rayburn and buying a more modern version… a; the chaos THAT entails! but thanks for posting and hope is well with you xxx

      Delete

I'd love you to comment, maybe join in the conversation - I always try and reply if I can.Anonymous spammers take note: you will not be published. Genuine posters having difficulty will be accepted. Thanks so much for visiting!