Saturday 16 June 2018


HELLO! I'm back! Big shout out to Connie my lovely American fellow-blogger who has been nagging and cajoling me for over a year to get my finger out and get posting. So here it is. This will be a somewhat truncated post I'm afraid, as I'm just getting a quick one out there, just a couple of garden photos and that's your lot - I need to sit down and think about what I want to say, so much has happened, things change, the blog may not look the same. However, it's always been a bit of a mix and match blog, hasn't it!

I did no stitching last year AT ALL. In September I discovered knitting again after about 40 years, and that became my obsessive activity for months - it's calmed down now and of course the warmer weather means fewer knitted things required anyway. A chance remark by a friend - Amanda of Mangle Prints, a brilliant little business selling hand made lino-prints - asked me if I'd like to share a table with her at a new venture in town, a monthly craft fair in one of the market places. (we have two, but sadly no markets any more! ) This has galvanised me into checking out what textiles/stitcheries I have to sell, and what more I need to get working on. So last week I began to feverishly get designing and stitching, and next week will be even more frenetic, the craft fair is next Saturday! So I'm having lots of fun and making lots of mess!

I promise I'll upload some knitting and stitching photos next time...and I'll try and make that soon!


We dug up the small and not very exciting lawn, and I designed a gravel garden - Jim was not convinced for ages but now he loves it! The plants I put in round the edges are spreading out and softening the line between gravel and border. And we had some branches lopped off the big old beech tree in the field next door (with permission of course!) and the change to the garden has been incredible! We have so much more light and SUNSHINE at last! We really noticed the difference this year.


I can't remember whether the summer house was up and running last time I posted, but here it is with the lovely clematis rambling across the roof-line. We sit here often, especially when it is bright but a little too chilly to sit in the garden. And it's wonderful for me to have somewhere light to read and stitch - the cottage is lovely, but very dark.

So there you are. I'm looking forward to catching up on all the blogs I haven't been reading this last 18 months! And many thanks to those of you who I know will come and read this despite the long hiatus! Oh! And apparently there have been changes on Blogger so there are no 'open' comments or something like that, you have to log in to comment. Huh! Nothing like making life easy, is there!

Until next time - with more textile talk and photos, and I hope it won't be too long!

14 comments:

  1. Just spotted this on Facebook. I don't Know how many times I’ve made “a comeback” and been enthusiastic to get going again, writing a few posts in quick succession, only to find that life gets in the way and it all peters out. Your post has inspired me to get going again. And yes it was Connie that fired me up last time!! Nice to have you back on board. Watch this space 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Patricia it has been a LONG time in coming and I'm not really there yet... but the intention is strong and I have some photos to upload. I'll be across to view yours too! Let's hope we can keep it going this time! x

      Delete
  2. good to see you back. Look forward to more posts and pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And hello to you too! Lovely to hear from you - are you still blogging? I cannot see yours anywhere and it just says you have not allowed public viewing. Fingers crossed! So many things have changed on Blogger.... x

      Delete
  3. It's great to see you back in the blogosphere, Lynne.
    I'm looking forward to seeing which direction Textile Treasury takes next. Lovely to see photos of your garden, too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne,lovely of you to comment - and great to be back here too! I have lots of textiley photos to take and update stuff first but it WILL happen! xx

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! Can’t beat a gravel garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dc! Lovely to hear from you. I think of you every time I look at my lovely little poppies -still flowering away happily. (And also when I drive through your village! ) And yes, we're very happy with the gravel garden, it's coming along nicely!

      Delete
  5. Ahhhhh Lynne, SO glad your back !!!
    (so not only the (important) musings about politics on FB ...)
    Wow your garden is flowering so lovely. My giant poppies died,
    safe a few leaves. Your clematis is not only rambling across the
    roof but the rose (?) as well ;-)
    All the best for your market next week ! (would love to see some
    of the new work)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Els, yes I will post some photos of the things I have to put on the craft stall. I shall keep my politics for the Face Book I think! I ope you are well!

      Delete
  6. Hello Sweet Friend, I am so delighted to see that you have posted and what a lovely post it is :) Your garden is amazing. Your thumb is certainly greener than mine, LOL. For new garden spaces they have truly filled in incredibly well. It has taken me four years to get my stubborn clematis to grow and bloom and look at yours, happily crawling over your trellis and on to your summer house. It's beautiful and I love the color you painted the summer house. Now, speaking of structures, that large covered bench in the second garden photo is enchanting. I could spend some time there reading and enjoying the garden. Well, like I said, it's great to have you back posting and if my nagging was the push that you needed, then I'm more than happy to nag :) I've missed you.
    Happy stitching!
    Connie :)
    P.S. Your upcoming craft venue sounds very nice; we'll all be looking forward to photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Connie - yes It was your 'nagging' that pushed me on to post again! And the covered bench is I guess an arbour - rather boat-shaped... I had seen them and craved one! It keeps the wind off your back when it hustles across the firelds inot our garden!xx

      Delete
  7. Love the summer house! I've also made a comeback to blogging , but under a different name, no longer Dosie Rosie. It's nice to see some familiar names still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill! Hello! Lovely to hear from you! It's been an AGE! I will hunt for you - I take it Gilly Tee is your blog? xxxxxx

      Delete

I'd love you to comment, maybe join in the conversation - I always try and reply if I can.Anonymous spammers take note: you will not be published. Genuine posters having difficulty will be accepted. Thanks so much for visiting!